TL-R470T+ connecting 2 separate ISP lines

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-20 12:53:55
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version:

Hi,

Can anyone please help me with the configuration of this load balancing router?

I have 2 ISP lines with 2 routers that I have changed to switch off the wifi, so both acting as modems.

The routers have the internal wifi network (BT Wholehome) connected to an ethernet port.

I connected the WAN socket on these routers to the WAN ports (1&2) on the TL-R470+ using ethernet cables

I logged into the TL and have created the WAN channels - both Dynamic IP

But both show as disconnected and when I try to connect, they say "connecting" for a minute, then disconnected

I am obviously doing something wrong - can anyone please advise?

Many thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-R470T+ connecting 2 separate ISP lines
2022-07-21 06:02:59 - last edited 2022-07-21 06:04:15

Brico wrote

Hi,

Can anyone please help me with the configuration of this load balancing router?

I have 2 ISP lines with 2 routers that I have changed to switch off the wifi, so both acting as modems.

The routers have the internal wifi network (BT Wholehome) connected to an ethernet port.

I connected the WAN socket on these routers to the WAN ports (1&2) on the TL-R470+ using ethernet cables

I logged into the TL and have created the WAN channels - both Dynamic IP

But both show as disconnected and when I try to connect, they say "connecting" for a minute, then disconnected

I am obviously doing something wrong - can anyone please advise?

Many thanks

Hi  @Brico 

It could be an IP conflict. What is the IP address of your ISP routers? 

Make sure the tplink router has a different LAN subnet from your two front routers.

For example if the ISP router uses 192.168.0.1/24, then on the tplink router you need to change the LAN IP address to 192.168.2.1/24

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 196

Replies: 1