EAP245 clients connection issues
I have some devices on my network that cannot connect to the SSID of the EAP245.
1) I have two brand new (setup phase) laptop from Dell, with an intel AX201, same driver version, same properties on all settings.
- One can connect to the EAP245, the other cannot
- The one that cannot, I can connect it to another SSID from an ASUS router.
2) I have a Realtek RTL8811AU dongle that I cannot connect to the EAP245 SSID
- Tried it on 2 PC
- The same Dongle can connect to my other ASUS router fine.
What I tried.
1) Removed some SSID (unused) from the EAP245
2) Upgrade the firmware
3) Multiple reboots
4) Changed the 2.4G channel to 6 (unused around my house)
5) Added a Syslog server to try to catch more logs, but that does not work!
6) The only thing I see that may be related in the logs on the EAP is this:
WPA2 authentication times out/failed
- But I don't see this message on every try
6) I see in the list of clients connected to the EAP245 the MAC of the RTL8811AU, on 5G, but it's with a 169.254.228.169 address. So it's connected by cannot get a DHCP?
7) Tried other protocols (simpler) 802.11a only, b only, does not fix the connection issue.
I've exhausted what I can think of.
Any clues, tips, or things to try would be appreciated.
This is highly frustrating.
So it seems to be a combination of devices and AP. But the fact the 2 identical network card/same config/same driver do not have the same behavior is beyond comprehension!