Problem with OPNsense -> Proxmox -> LXC

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-20 21:11:55
Model: TL-SG2008  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: latest

Hello,

I have a problem to give Clients in a VLAN a static DHCP-Adresse. This switch is new and we use before a (unmanaged) TL-SG105, with this unmanaged switch work allthing without Problems.

Our Setup:
OPNsense -> TL-SG2008 -> Proxmox -> LXC-Container

We can connecto to Proxmox Managment Console, to OPNsense and to TP-Link WebManagmentConsole

OPNsense:

We create on out OPNsense VLANs (11-55) and we need for our Proxmox-Server just the VLANs between 11-15, on Proxmox we stay configured the virualnetwork-card

than we create under DHCPv4 in OPNsense a Range 192.168.10x.10 -> 192.168.10x.150 and the rest ist reserved for static

Next step is claim the MAC-Adresse from the Proxmox container to a static adress.

That all works perfectly with this unmanaged switch but we need a managed switch for new projects so we buy this managed switch with 8 ports.

At this point its dramaticly

Our Omada Controller is a Docker-Container on this Proxmox machine, but we cant connect to her, this machine cant reconize a ip over dhcp. 

First, we create the VLANs:

as untagged Port, all from Port 3:

But the LXC-Container cant request a DHCP-Adresse and we dont know why. With the unmanged Switch this Problem was solved or rather non-existent.

Does anyone have the same problem and a solution for this?

Kind regards

Options
2 Reply
Re:Problem with OPNsense -> Proxmox -> LXC
2022-07-20 22:31:59 - last edited 2022-07-20 22:42:42

Ok,

I set on VLANS my OPNsense wich is Port 1 on tagged port and 3 on untagged port.

Remove in Proxmox virtual-network-card VLAN-Tag.

I set under Port Config onm Port 3 (Proxmox-Server) to PVID: 12 - It works!... this is VLAN 12, checked ... but I need on the server more ports as 12 because OPNsense give the IPAdresse when he ping and say "I'm in VLAN12 with this MAC, give me my static IP" ...

I try 11-15; 11,12,13,14,15; 11/12; 11+12+13+14+15 but all says Invalid integer, thats not usefull....

How i can tagged more VLANs to the port?

But, when I dont set the PortConfig, It dont set the right VLAN/IP-Adresse from OPNsense.

Options
Re:Problem with OPNsense -> Proxmox -> LXC
2022-07-21 08:01:05

@Kawachira

With 802.1q VLAN settings one port can only have one PVID.

It looks like you want to determine the VLAN but the client device's MAC address?

You may try MAC VLAN settings. I did not test this function before but it could be the proper solution for you. I copy the notes about MAC VLAN:

MAC VLAN is a technology to classify VLANs based on MAC address. A MAC address can only be relative to a single VLAN ID. The untagged packets and the priority-tagged packets from the MAC address will be tagged with the corresponding VLAN ID and forwarded.

Options