How to adopt Omada Gateway & EAP from another site

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-24 16:01:38 - last edited 2022-07-25 03:07:36
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 5.1.7

Hi everyone. I would like to ask for your help. Its been days and I haven't figure out on how to access and adopt my other Omada devices in Site A. From my computer in Site B, I can access the UI of both ER605 and EAP225. Site A is configures with the IP address 192.168.0.1/24 while in site B are 10.0.0.1/24. Both sites are connected thru a switch in Site C, connected via ER605 Wan Link. Hope you guys can help me. I am almost giving up and i dont want to end up buying a separate OC200 for Site A and C.

One more thing. I set certain SSID to switch off its signal thru the omada controller for the kids. I noticed that the signals are still broadcasting at the time they should be off. The old firmwares it switches off but not with the updated one. both Site and Controller time is both set with the same time and still its not working. 

Hope to get a quick response. Thanks in advance guys!

Options
2 Reply
Re:How to adopt Omada Gateway & EAP from another site
2022-07-25 08:15:56

@PiLYo1 It seems you have Etherent connection between site A and site B LAN(via site C switch)?

I'm not sure how you make it work, but anyway I can see you have Internet access on bother site A and site B.

If so, you can adopt the omada devices in site A via Internet. On site A run Discovery Tool, and put in the WAN IP address of site B router(the Internet IP).

You will need to do port forwarding on site B router, to open port 29810-29814 for the OC200 controller IP.

Here is an article about how to use the discovery tool.

Options
Re:How to adopt Omada Gateway & EAP from another site
2022-09-26 09:56:44

PiLYo1 wrote

One more thing. I set certain SSID to switch off its signal thru the omada controller for the kids. I noticed that the signals are still broadcasting at the time they should be off. The old firmwares it switches off but not with the updated one. both Site and Controller time is both set with the same time and still its not working. 

Dear  @PiLYo1 

Thank you for your kindly feedback!

For further troubleshooting, could you please provide me the firmware version and hardware version of your EAP225?

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options