EAP225 AC1200 Cannot can't connect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-25 18:14:42
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Missed a visitor today because Ring doorbell disconnected from the EAP225.

I have used a cable tester to test the cable from the switch to the POE box and the cable from there to the EAP225.

I can see the SSIDs.

If I try to connect, on Mac I see ! and a self assigne IP.

On iPhone, it just spins and spins.

It does ask for a password, and rejects bad password.

I reset, but still could not connect. And it wasn't showing up as a device on my LAN.

Tried the direct connection with a static IP 192.168.0.10, then opening 192.168.0.254. This did not work from Mac, but I could do this from a Surface laptop.

Reset admin username/password, SSIDs and network passwords. Made sure it was getting a dynamic address. In this stat, I could not ocnnect to its Wifi from an iPhone.

Re-wired, and I'm in exactly the same position. Can't connect EAP225's Wifi or to its WAN port via my LAN.

I've used the same cables and POE device to connect the laptop. I see activity lights on the switch.

Completely at a loss as to why this device is doing this. Pretty close to stamping the thing it's been that frustrating.

Any ideas?

Options
1 Reply
Re:EAP225 AC1200 Cannot can't connect
2022-07-25 21:37:44

@Daycoder 

What firmware version are you running on the 225's?  Also, did you enable the Advanced Features or not?

There are a number of earlier threads where TPlink APs have had issues with IOS/OSX devices, so making sure you're current on firmware is a good start.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 250

Replies: 1

Related Articles