TP-Link EAP225 Access Point it does not allow connections with devices on the local network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP-Link EAP225 Access Point it does not allow connections with devices on the local network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-26 05:36:06
Tags: #local network
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

the access point works correctly and allows you to use the internet, on the network I have a nas synology and it is impossible to reach it when connected to the access point.

I don't understand what it could be, it always works correctly and from today it is not reached via access point. no ping

advice?

i have already updated the firmware and reset to reconfigure from scratch but same problem.
Without an access point it is obviously reachable correctly.

Options
6 Reply
Re:TP-Link EAP225 Access Point it does not allow connections with devices on the local network
2022-07-26 15:40:21

@Vcastati 

I think we need to know more about how your network is setup.  Do you just have the EAP225, or do you have a controller, router, switches....?  Managed or standalone mode?

If you ticked the 'Guest' network option for your SSID, your wireless clients would be prevented from reaching any other private IPs in your local network.  Can the wireless client ping your router's IP?

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
Re:TP-Link EAP225 Access Point it does not allow connections with devices on the local network
2022-08-05 10:33:28

hi @d0ugmac1 

my network has a router (192.168.1.1) a nas server (192.168.1.2) a printer (192.168.1.3) the AP TpLink EAP225 (192.168.1.4) and a couple of computers always in the same network.

computers connected to the router see all resources (nas and printer)

computers connected via AP (both wireless and via cable) do not see the nas (192.168.1.2)
from the stations connected via APP I can see and think about both router and printer but the nas cannot be pinged, it isn't there!

if I reset the access point I see it for a while but after a few minutes / hour this problem returns.

the AP is configured by itself, there is no controller, and I have two wireless networks: a "normal" and a "guest".
obviously these tests I do from the normal network and not from the guest.

thanks

Options
2022-08-05 14:34:00

@Vcastati 

Ok, standalone 225, got it.  Honestly, it sounds like an ARP cache timeout.

Are both the NAS and the 225 connected to ports on the actual router, or on ports from some additional L2 switch you didn't mention?  If possible can you connect the EAP225 directly to the router and re-test?

Options
2022-08-05 17:25:42

@d0ugmac1 

everything is connected directly to the router, all the extra computer go through the AP.

what can i do to fix this in your opinion?

Options
2022-08-05 18:13:07

@Vcastati 

I assume AP has latest firmware?

If you are able to, can you delete the guest SSID for a few hours for testing purposes?  Remove any VLANs assigned to SSIDs.  You are using your router for DHCP of wireless clients?

If you run a CMD window (or terminal if on OSX) and execute a "ping -t 192.168.1.2" from a wirelessly connected computer for several hours to see if connectivity is lost as before, but with just a single normal untagged SSID?  You can do the same in reverse from a shell on your NAS too if you like.  Idea is to keep the L2 ARP tables active and see if that is the issue or not.

Check your NAS logs to make sure it isn't temporarily blocking your wireless device ips because of some perceived attack.

Options
2022-08-08 09:12:25

@d0ugmac1 

yes I have updated to the latest firmware.

the nas is not blocking anything of the AP, or checked several times.

once the AP has been reset, the nas is reachable for a few minutes / hour and then disappears. it is not pingable and cannot be reached.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 627

Replies: 6

Tags

local network