EAP115-Wall not appearing in router device list

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-26 16:41:48
Model: EAP115-Wall  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Apologies if this has been asked before. 

I have a network of six EAP115-walls connected to a PoE switch which in turn goes to my router. 5 of the EAPs are set up with one SSID and function as a mesh throughout the house. The remaining one is set with a different SSID and password and will be used for guest access. 

The system worked when I first installed it three weeks ago, but now the guest EAP isn't working. I've reset it with the button on the device, but nothing can connect to the default network, wirelessly or even using the cable. I checked the router and only the first 5 EAPs are showing in the device list, not this last one. I've restarted everything, I've tried different ports on the switch, and nothing seems to be helping. I looked at the FAQs but I couldn't find anything to help, so if you can help at all I'd be very grateful!

Options
2 Reply
Re:EAP115-Wall not appearing in router device list
2022-07-27 06:38:15

@squiggle Hi

It must be a connection problem between the EAP and the switch.

Try connect this EAP to other working EAP's Ethernet cables and check if it can be managed again. If not, there could be a problem on the Ethernet slot of EAP, or the cables in the wall.

Options
Re:EAP115-Wall not appearing in router device list
2022-07-27 08:47:16

@Somnus Thanks for this. I've tried moving the EAP to another room and I can connect to it, so the problem must be either the cable or the switch. Thanks for your help.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 262

Replies: 2