Omada SDN with VLAN not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-27 10:03:05
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I tried to set up a simple VLAN, but I can´t get an Internet Connection. If i delete the VLAN ID it works....

On lan I get an Ip like 10.11.10.100, but can´t ping anything. On Wlan I get no connection to the wlan

Options
5 Reply
Re:Omada SDN with VLAN not working
2022-07-27 13:32:12

@Koboldo 

You'll need an Omada-controllable switch (ie SG2008) as the router ports are very limited in their VLAN functionality (they are trunk ports...so expect packets to be tagged).  All router ports currently belong to the Native VLAN ID of 1 (a subject of a number of my feature requests to allow additional functionality).

Regardless, please keep in mind that a fully functional TPlink router function requires not just the router, but a managed switch attached.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
2022-07-27 14:02:30

@d0ugmac1 Thanks for your reply

I have managed switches:

Options
2022-07-27 14:50:01

@Koboldo this looks pretty similar to an issue I had.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/571582

When choosing which interfaces you need to select which interface this should reside on the router. You have selected all interfaces.

If this is not an internet facing vlan, I would not expose it to the internet. It could break your internet access among other things because now you have a vlan on top of what ever existing traffic is hitting this interface.

If you want this vlan to be able to talk to other vlans you need to chose a single interface which can do the routing between the vlans. Where ever you want 10.11.10.1/24 to reside. Right now I am guessing it resides on all the ports you have selected. If you want this subnet/vlan to only reside on a switch on not the router, I am not sure that is possible? You can do it on the standalone device, but I am not sure about it being possible through omada.

Options
2022-07-27 15:01:41

@Koboldo @FreeSamples 

Assigning the VLAN to all 4 LAN ports is fine (you can tell he only has a single WAN port configured).

Next, one of those router LAN ports must connect to a managed switch (typically the 2000/3000 series switches, not the 1000 series).  The managed switch port profiles will tag traffic from VLAN 10 on the uplink port to the router, and the router will route it accordingly, either to another subnet, or out to the internet.

Can you describe the path being tested, from client to router?  For instance, I would expect something like:

ER650.LAN2 ->  SG2008P.p8--SG2008P.p2 -> EAP225

I know this works as I do exactly this.  I suspect the issue may be on a non-SDN managed switch, you don't tag VLAN 10 traffic in the upstream, or untag it somwhere.

Lastly please confirm the DHCP setup for the VLAN 10 subnet...ie what are the DNS and default GW settings.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
2022-07-27 15:36:20

@d0ugmac1 My bad I read Wlan as WAN.

Good to know that your text can be passive aggressive to the point where I not longer want to contribute to the commity. Good luck.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 631

Replies: 5

Related Articles