Unable to Adopt EAP225

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Unable to Adopt EAP225

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Unable to Adopt EAP225
Unable to Adopt EAP225
2022-07-28 16:50:07
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have setup my tp-link oc200 and I am trying to adopt my EAP225. When I try to adopt the EAP225, it says that it is unable to due to the username and password changing. It should be the default admin/admin but then I get the error saying my username/password is incorrect. So i reset the EAP225 and I keep getting the same error. How do I fix this? Does the EAP225 need to be connected to ethernet?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Unable to Adopt EAP225
2022-07-28 18:44:03

@Macattack 

You need at least 1 EAP225-outdoor connected to ethernet if you want to adopt another one remotely via Mesh.  You can also adopt an EAP225 while ethernet connected and then deploy it to the field wirelessly.

Regarding the 'reset'....there's reboot and factory default.  To make sure you're going all the way back to factory, you need to depress and hold the tiny button beside the EAP225-outdoor's ethernet jack for ~10s.  After this, you should be able to easily adopt it via your controller.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options