ER7206 - Multi-ISP setup not working properly
I bought the router to get at least a decent fail-over option and if possible increase the total speed for multiple clients.
1.00 gig ISP1
0.25 gig ISP2
my dream would be, if ISP1 could be used like all the time and if capacity is reached, any new client should use ISP2. And if ISP1 fails than ... you name it
Im using WAN/LAN1 and WAN/LAN2 (because easier to identify the numbers). Standard Dynamic IP setup, IPv4 routing works without issues (IPv6 not so much but more on that later).
Problems Ive encountered so far:
1. when using load-balancing without link-backup rules, both lines are used equally despite setting Downstream-Value to the correct numbers
2. performance in general is unpredictable, sometimes I get full 1gig, sometimes only a few Mbit (testing with multiple devices). Full 1gig is seldomly achieved, often the numbers are around 500Mbit in different speed-tests.
3. when using online-detection (manual, using Google DNS as ping and dns target), and I disconnect one of the ISPs (so that the link to the ER7206 stays active), than the line will be shown as offline, but will never recover to online, no matter what I do
4. using no load-balancing but link-backup rule, the back-up line will be used all the time and when I disconnect backup line, nothing works anymore (primary WAN is not used despite being online
5. IPv6 is not working because Im not able to enter any IPv6 address (invalid format)
any suggestions if I have any options to achieve my dream? Or is it like impossible?
Tomorrow the OC200 will arrive (together with some EAP APs) so if that can help please point this out as well. But I was hoping standalone would perform on the same level.
Ive noticed that I have HW1.0, but I got it today from amazon. Is it possible that there are newer revisions which are improved/better?