Force reconnect IoT devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-08 02:31:07
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Is there anyway to automate forcing devices to reconnect, I have a few light switches that after a few days become slow and less response. I've set them up on a single EAP to prevent Roaming which had its own problems but a reconnect from Omada resolves the slowness. 

Ideally I would like these devices to reconnect every 24 hours just to keep the connection fresh. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Force reconnect IoT devices
2022-08-08 11:05:36

@johnsnow88 

Getting the client to reconnect may not work, but we can think about it dialectically.

You can set up an automatic reboot for the EAP such as Reboot schedule or set up a WLAN Schedule for the EAP's WiFi.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:Force reconnect IoT devices
2022-08-09 05:09:45
Reboot schedule hasn't worked since moving to 5.x and don't really want to reboot my AP just to force a few clients to reconnect. However since these IoT devices are on its own SSID, I can schedule the SSID to turn off and back on on a schedule.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 324

Replies: 2

Related Articles