Cannot configure new EAP-235 wall

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-09 02:46:39
Model: EAP235-Wall  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I had an EAP -235 connected to my controller.

A day later the controller lost it. 

I tried to factory default the eap and then re-adopt- however - It seems that the EAP is not discoverable by the controller and when I connect directly to the EAP- it doest assign IP (DHCP) - I tried to manually enter IP on my endpoint- but still could not login to the EAP.

I replaced the EAP with another- again - same issue. EAP comes up- no DHCP or discovery by controller.

Appreciate your support

Options
2 Reply
Re:Cannot configure new EAP-235 wall
2022-08-09 21:15:17 - last edited 2022-08-09 21:15:45

@bavihai 

Hey

This sounds like an issue with your network connection or DHCP server and not anything to do with the EAP.

The EAP gets its IP address via DHCP from the Router (ISP or Omada Router) not the controller.   If its not getting an address that would indicate a cabling or network issue (DHCP SERVER OFFLINE), especially as these are LAN based connections.    The fact the controller LOST connection to the EAP also indicate a network cable issue, no cable no connection.

From what you said I would start to look at your cabling, have you ran a network tester over the cable?   How long is your cable run?

Also try the EAP via a patch cable direct to the switch (1 meter) see if it appears?  This would rule out a switching issue.

Options
Re:Cannot configure new EAP-235 wall
2022-11-30 12:46:12

@bavihai If I where you I'd consider do not use this model anymore or even TP-Link omada. It is unacceptable that TP-Link abandoned this model without any firmware updates.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 305

Replies: 2