Omada v5.4.6 - EAP235-Wall(EU) v1.0 no wireless signal after Omada Software Controller upgrade

Omada v5.4.6 - EAP235-Wall(EU) v1.0 no wireless signal after Omada Software Controller upgrade
2022-08-10 11:11:27 - last edited 2022-08-13 00:57:41
Model: EAP235-Wall  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 3.1.0

After upgrade to software controller v5.4.6 from v5.3.1, eap235's radio does not work:

Just forcing provision and rebooting did not resolve this issue. had to remove, reset and readapt it manually to fix.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Omada v5.4.6 - EAP235-Wall(EU) v1.0 no wireless signal after Omada Software Controller upgrade-Solution
2022-08-13 00:20:27 - last edited 2022-08-13 00:57:41

@Fae I just replied to the support but I found the reason during restoring and trying to reproduce the issue. The reason why there was no radio for eap235-wall was due to the fact that some time ago  all ssid's were for some reason set to security mode which is not supported by eap235-wall and that is the main reason why no radio, just nobody noticed that device is not working as it is quite unused for now. Right before reset, one new ssid with supported security mode for a test was created without to notice that there were no other ssid's in compatible modes leading to falsely believe reset fixed the issue, but the issue was user based in setting all ssid's to incompatible security mode without to leave at least one in compatible mode.

My recommendation for tplink would be here:

If ssid's are in incompatible mode, then they should be greyed out without possibility to enable them with info that it is not compatible, which should prevent the user at all to enable any ssid which is not compatible.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Omada v5.4.6 - EAP235-Wall(EU) v1.0 no wireless signal after Omada Software Controller upgrade
2022-08-12 02:44:27

Dear @btx,

btx wrote

After upgrade to software controller v5.4.6 from v5.3.1, eap235's radio does not work:

Thank you so much for taking the time to report the issue in the community!

The issue sounds unusual. To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID220813973, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Get Started Here: https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/551684 https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/552406
Options
Re:Omada v5.4.6 - EAP235-Wall(EU) v1.0 no wireless signal after Omada Software Controller upgrade
2022-08-12 13:49:24

@Fae thanks, got already email, will reply and update this thread in case there are news.

Options
Re:Omada v5.4.6 - EAP235-Wall(EU) v1.0 no wireless signal after Omada Software Controller upgrade-Solution
2022-08-13 00:20:27 - last edited 2022-08-13 00:57:41

@Fae I just replied to the support but I found the reason during restoring and trying to reproduce the issue. The reason why there was no radio for eap235-wall was due to the fact that some time ago  all ssid's were for some reason set to security mode which is not supported by eap235-wall and that is the main reason why no radio, just nobody noticed that device is not working as it is quite unused for now. Right before reset, one new ssid with supported security mode for a test was created without to notice that there were no other ssid's in compatible modes leading to falsely believe reset fixed the issue, but the issue was user based in setting all ssid's to incompatible security mode without to leave at least one in compatible mode.

My recommendation for tplink would be here:

If ssid's are in incompatible mode, then they should be greyed out without possibility to enable them with info that it is not compatible, which should prevent the user at all to enable any ssid which is not compatible.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 121

Replies: 3

Related Articles