EAP115 - real world bandwidth? SDN managed?
I'm thinking about buying a couple of EAP115 access points - primarily to learn (a lot) more about networking. I'll be pairing them with an ER650 router and a (non-TP-Link) managed switch. I'll be buying the non-TP-Link switch and the older N300 APs due to a lack of funds to buy something better; I plan to upgrade them later.
So my questions are:
- are the EAP115s managed devices? Will I have basically the same configuration options via an Omada controller that I would have with newer APs?
- How many SSIDs can I setup? (I'd like to at least have one main, 1 guest, and one for IoT devices.)
- What can I expect in terms of typical, real world bandwidth/throughput? I'm a little worried about a big performance hit vs my WiFi 5 mesh system - but internet service options are very limited where I live so I'm lucky if I can get 50 Mbps.
- Will I still have seamless switching between access points as I travel through the house with my iPad, etc.?
- Do both APs need to be connected via an Ethernet connection or can the remote one be connected wirelessly to the one that's connected (via Ethernet) to the router?
Thank you so much for your time and consideration!