How to setup L2TP with IPsec and unencrypted L2TP with TorGuard VPN
As many ask for vpn with different providers, this would be how you can setup omada router as client to TorGuard's VPN server, this guide covers just the setup of VPN connection over L2TP (unencrypted) and encrypted with IPsec. In screenshots below 10Gbit server from Quadranet is used as remote server. If you have questions or something is not working, best to direct your requests to torguard support and tp-link support.
Hardware used for the guide at the time of creation is: er605 v1 (firmware v1.2.1) with controller version v5.4.6 on linux.
If you are looking for other guides for TorGuard:
1. Go to Settings -> VPN and create new policy
2. Select Purpose: Client-to-Site
3. Select VPN-type: VPN-Client L2TP
4. Select working mode depending on your local configuration, default is NAT.
5. Write your username and password
6. Type IP address of remote server
7. Select your WAN port and which local networks it should cover
8. Select if you want encrypted or unencrypted connection. IPsec Pre-Shared key is torguard.
8a Select unencrypted only if you do not want your connection to be encrypted.
8b If you select encrypted, IPsec is used, then add to the field Pre-shared key following value: torguard
Screenshot of settings:
Screenshot of Insight -> IPsec VPN: (I brushed off my IP, on that place you should see your public ip)
Screenshot of Insight -> VPN Status L2TP - Client:
Screenshot of log content:
If you need promo codes, here would be two codes:
50% Off ALL Plans, (Anonymous VPN, Anonymous VPN Pro, Anonymous VPN Premium) (unlimited per customer, unlimited per order)
50% Off Promo + Free Dedicated IP (Anonymous Proxy, Anonymous VPN, Anonymous VPN + Streaming Bundle) (one per customer, one per order):