Site-to-site VPN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Site-to-site VPN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Site-to-site VPN
Site-to-site VPN
2022-08-18 12:16:05
Model: OC300  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello guys,

I have two physical site, which both have OMADA hardware (including controller + ER605).
My goal, is to set-up a Site-to-site VPN between those two networks, and yet I'm unable to do it.

I firstly to vreat two site on the initial OC300 Controller but no sucess to add anything.
I tried to add a manual IPsec site-to-site VPN folowing this : https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/3051/ No sucess

Anyone can point me in the right direction ?

Regards,

Options
2 Reply
Re:Site-to-site VPN
2022-08-19 08:01:11

@PascoS 

Is the WAN IP of the gateway at both ends the public IP?
Are both routers showing "connected" on the controller?
Go to Insight -----VPN Status, and check if the tunnel was built successfully?

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:Site-to-site VPN
2022-08-21 01:04:22

@PascoS 

Virgo is correct, for the Site-Site VPN in Omada to work, but ends must have a fixed public static IP that is assigned to the WAN port of the respective Omada controlled router.

If either end is NAT'd or dynamic, then it won't work consistently.  You may be able to work around this with some kind of Dynamic DNS service.

You can also make your site-site VPN functionality by using a Client-Site VPN where the 'Server' end has a fixed public IP, but the client end can be dynamic.  I do this with an L2TP/IPsec routed VPN today.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 475

Replies: 2

Related Articles