OC200 not detecting when connected to Firewall

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-25 12:46:54 - last edited 2022-09-01 06:28:36
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

So, I tried to setup the following equipment at one site and ran into a major issue.

Lease Line from ISP -> Sophos XG 210 Firewall -> Unmanaged Switch -> OC200 & EAP 620 HD

Well, the issue is the OC200 is not grabbing an IP address from the Firewall. I've made sure that the port has DHCP Server enabled and checked whether it is working or not. 

It is just not working. I tried scanning via the Omada app to see whether OC200 is available or not. But, it is not. As a result, it can't connect to the internet and can't be configured.

Just to check whether it is not a faulty unit, I plugged the OC200 and EAP 620 in a broadband modem and a TP-Link basic router (in a separate instance), and it worked within seconds without any hiccups.

Then again i tried connecting to the Firewall and the OC200 is just offline. I've also reset the device and it is still not working.

Would appreciate any suggestions.

PS: The Firewall has some basic rules in place like a blocking P2P connections, tools etc. for obvious reasons. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:OC200 not detecting when connected to Firewall
2022-08-26 06:24:51

@NeerajB

Did you try a static IP for this OC200? Also use DNS 8.8.8.8

According to my experience the cloud service may not work with some ISP DNS server, but 8.8.8.8 can work.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 344

Replies: 1

Related Articles