Different SSID for EAPs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Different SSID for EAPs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Different SSID for EAPs
Different SSID for EAPs
2022-08-27 05:27:17
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

What is the best way to setup different SSIDs on different EAPs, at the moment I'm using WLAN groups. I have two EAPs and setup each one to a WLAN group, EAP1 is closet to some fixed light switches so don't need them roaming to EAP2, while EAP2 is closet to cameras so they don't need to rom to EAP1.

I don't need the override feature as i don't want to "override" the SSIDs, or maybe I'm just not understanding it. I noticed there is now an enable toggle in the WLAN group when going to device > EAP1 > config > WLAN groups. What does this toggle to. I'm hoping this means we can have one WLAN group for all EAPs and then go into the EAP config page and be able to control which SSID that EAP is able to broadcast? 

If this is the case will these settings stick if the omada controller is not running? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Different SSID for EAPs
2022-08-29 11:05:41 - last edited 2022-08-29 11:06:41

@johnsnow88 

Yes WLAN group is the proper solution. The EAP will keep the settings even though the controller offline.

There is another solution but not recommend, that is creating multi "Sites" on the controller and adopt the EAP to different sites. Each site will have individual SSID settings.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 249

Replies: 1

Related Articles