Best load balancing mode for double WAN 4G + VDSL

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-31 14:25:45
Model: TL-R470T+  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi all,

I would like to ask for the recommended configuration of load balancing for the following situation:

I have a cable internet connection with 1Mbps Upload that works fine for navigation and low-quality video calls but can't afford to upload "big" files. Basically, the file upload takes almost all of the bandwidth and the rest of the connections get very slow or even block, so I have to give up.

I would like to add an extra 4G internet connection + load balancing to help in those situations the upload bandwidth of the cable WAN gets saturated.

In this case, should I configure the 4G as a backup/failure connection? Or, if I set it as a backup, then the router won't use it unless the cable WAN is completely down?

How could I set up the two connections to prioritize the cable one first?

Of course, any other suggestion to solve my problem is welcome.

Thank you so much for your help!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Best load balancing mode for double WAN 4G + VDSL
2022-09-01 05:56:20

@leki389 

I do not have a good solution for you, but I can confirm on tplink router, backup WAN only take effect when the primary WAN totally offline. So it may won't help your situation.

I'm thinking that use policy routing to fouce uploading PC to use 4G WAN, but that means all other traffic from this PC will go to 4G WAN only, not use cable internet connection anymore.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 235

Replies: 1

Related Articles