EAP610-Outdoor wireless stopped working after 2 weeks

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

EAP610-Outdoor wireless stopped working after 2 weeks

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
25 Reply
Re:EAP610-Outdoor wireless stopped working after 2 weeks
2023-06-17 02:33:07

@Fae,

I've done that dozens of time already. Even tried configuring it standalone and same results. I've tried downgrading it to 1.0.6 and later 1.0.3 to no avail.

I was just wondering, with all the incidents that you received about EAP610-Outdoor after a firmware upgrade which you recommend via Omada, do we still really have to open a ticket? Should this be an engineering concern with an open show stopper bug? And also why in Omada you still recommend upgrading the default firmware to version 1.1.3 know that when you do this it will brick the unit?

Come on TP Link people you can do better than this.

Options
2023-06-17 02:37:10

@Garrett07 I agree with you. Plus they should put on hold the recommendation to upgrade the 610 in Omada. 

Options
2023-07-08 17:07:25

@MP64 i think your AP is murdered by the lightning

Options
2023-07-09 14:36:49

Kasalamatan wrote

@MP64 i think your AP is murdered by the lightning

@Kasalamatan 

I beg to disagree. I lost the wireless right after i upgraded the firmware from version 1.0.4 (which I cannot find on any download servers of TP Link) to version 1.1.3. If you have read this thread i'm not the only one who experienced it. I have another device of same model still running on firmware 1.0.4 situated nearby and still working perfectly.

Options
2023-07-30 14:28:20 - last edited 2023-08-21 20:56:59

@CarloPH 

My EAP610-Outdoor is experiencing the same problem.  It was hooked up via mesh and stopped working last night,  I am using 1.1.3 firmware but upgraded to this I believe a few weeks back.  I brought the unit inside and and hooked to Ethernet,  forgot the unit and readopted in the web ui and but still can't see the wireless on either band.  

I noticed there is a EAP650-Outdoor out now,  anyone know if this one is more reliable?  

Update:   

I contacted tech support via chat, and they determined my device was defective.  Since I was inside the warranty period, they replaced the unit.  The tech on the other side of the chat was knowledgeable and friendly.  The whole process took about 3 weeks to complete from start to finish but I can report the new device is working properly.    Side note: the 610-Outdoor unit generally runs warm to the touch.  When my device stopped broadcasting the SSID, the green light was still on,  but the device was cool to touch.   Something to look for when troubleshooting.    

Options
Related Articles