Eap225 password reset

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Eap225 password reset

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
35 Reply
Re:Eap225 password reset
2022-09-16 17:13:20

@Dean1gsheheyw 

Its usually much better to admin the controller via the web interface vs the app.  Just navigate to the IP address of the controller and log in that way

Try setting the security to WPA2/WPA3-SAE   as  the version you selected is quite an old cypher.

Options
2022-09-16 17:19:41

@Philbert I've tried that and still leaves the network open, do I need to set it up in the standalone section, but does this make the controller obsolete 

Options
2022-09-16 21:36:07

@Dean1gsheheyw 

Hey

Once the device is adopted via the controller it wont be configured locally, it should append and adopt whatever setting you have on the controller

What firmwares do you have on the AP and what controller version are you running?   Was the AP factory reset before you adopted?   its usually good practice to have the AP blank / factory before adopting.   

I must be honest and say i havent seen this issue before.  does it read as an open network on the client device? 

you are better doing this via the controller web interface vs the APP, you will get more details there.   When you make a change does the AP switch to configuring for a period?

Options
2022-09-16 21:43:07

@Philbert I logged into the controller via a Web page and the controller and ap both did a firmware update, once that was complete the ap that was listed in my wifi list as the standard 8 digit code that the ap came with disappeared and the wifi that I setup in the wifi settings section popped up in its place with a security password so i think it's all good, I've just got to plug in my 2nd ap and see if the controller adopts it and auto configures it as a mesh

Options
2022-09-17 01:04:32

@Dean1gsheheyw 

Hey

Happy days, good old firmware out of date!   Im glad you got sorted ok

The second one should come online exactly the same provided the firmware in it is ok also, just remember to enable fast roaming in settings > site >  advanced features if you want roaming on.   AI Roaming is also a good things to have!

In terms of admin, the app is grand but sometimes you just cant beat working on the controller itself, makes things so much easier!

Options
2022-09-17 10:57:49

@Philbert I'm really starting to lose my temper with these usless eaps, firstly the advertised 300m transmit range is a total lie as I've got it installed on my roof with a direct line of sight to my barn about 60m away and the signal is about 50% with a 6 to 13mb download speed, so that's why I purchased the 2nd one to pick up to signal and amplifi, I've adopted the 2nd one via plugging it in to the network and then tried to unplug and then plug it to the poe without an Internet connection just the power block but it won't act independently via WiFi because the controller states its off line, how do I get it to work. In todays age of technology I can't just have a simple long range plug and play wifi it's got to be stupidly hard

Options
2022-09-18 10:08:31

@Dean1gsheheyw is there any reason why the eaps won't broadcast past 60m in direct line of sight with no power lines or transformers or transmitters anywhere in sight to effect the signal or are tp link just outright lying about the 300m range 

Options
2022-09-18 22:47:35

@Dean1gsheheyw 

Hey

WiFi range, and speed for that matter are purely theoretical and in real world you simply wont get what is claimed, Its just the maximum possible in an environment.    It's a bit like miles per gallon on your car, this is taken on a rolling road, in perfect conditions, its never going to be what the manufacturer claims when you actually drive the thing.  

Sadly WiFI is the same, its not TP Link being dishonest or lying as people running Cisco and HP stuff which is much more expensive have the same results.

HOWEVER... a lot of it has to do with the antenna and what you are trying to accomplish.    The AP comes with an Omni Directional antenna, basically this means to spreads the signal evenly in all directions, this is designed for maximum clients connecting in that area and is the default setup for most.   What you have described however is a point to point and therefore rather than the signal being sent all directions, you want it specifically in one direction, this is done by the antenna.  Something like a sectorised Array is what you are after.

To be honest, 60-80 meters is a perfectly normal result for an omni directional AP, you could push this to 100m with a sector antenna but that's your limit.  Bear in mind the AP is mainly for client access and not AP to AP so its not ideal for what you are doing.   If you are looking to span a distance then its a different thing altogether, and is called a Point to Point connection.   Something like 2x CPE210 would do the job and fire the signal accross the distance you need easily, however you still need APs at each side of that CPE link to handle the local clients. 

APs are usually around 4-5db is strength.. CPE is 10db if i remember, different type of beast.

What are you actually trying to achieve and what sort of distances?

Options
2022-09-18 22:51:46

@Dean1gsheheyw 

If you have adopted it via the LAN connection its not on MESH.  

You need to un-adopt (forget it) and power it up stand alone (no LAN)..   Enable MESH on the controller and you should see it appear for adoption with a WiFi symbol beside it, thats MESH

Its appearing disconnected because one of the following..

1. Its adopted via LAN (not MESH)

2. Mesh is not enable to allow a MESH adoption.

Under SETTINGS   SITE   this is what you are after

Options
2022-09-19 06:04:18

@Philbert I'm trying to send a wifi singalong in a straight line from my house to a barn for a wifi security camera it's about 70m away, just a quick note but I thought my 1st eap on my roof which I've had for a long time was a 225 but it's a 110 which doesn't support mesh will this be my problem or can the 225 with mesh supported still connect to the 110. Am I best sending the oc200 and 225 back to amazon and getting another product to achieve what I'm after

Options
Related Articles