Android apps will not update on WiFi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-13 13:47:20

I have a full Omada based network, router, switches and WiFi. Don't know when it started, but all of my apps on Google play will not update over WiFi.

I can start an update over the cell phone network and as soon as I switch on the WiFi it stops dead, even after an hour on the WiFi there was no further progress of the download. Turn off the WiFi and the download starts again.

No other issues in the network with connectivity, so what could be stopping these apps downloading ?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Android apps will not update on WiFi
2022-09-13 20:29:58

@Tescophil 

Cant say I have ever experienced this on Omada, but thinking out loud here..  Do you have any URL filters in place?  Just wondering if you have in-advertently blocked one of google CDN

Options
2022-09-13 20:35:27

@Philbert No URl filtering in place and I use the private DNS feature on Android so the DNS server is the same on WiFi and cellular.

Options
2022-09-14 07:44:41

@Tescophil 

In case it really is DNS causing the problem, try changing the DNS to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4, or just get it automatically.
See if the problem recurs.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2023-02-14 03:27:12

Hey there! Hope you're doing well. I stumbled upon this old post and just wanted to say that I've come across similar issues before with updating apps over WiFi. One thing you could try is clearing the cache and data for the Google Play Store app and then giving it another shot. Also, have you checked if there are any updates available for your router's firmware? Sometimes these updates can help resolve connectivity issues.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 608

Replies: 4