TL-SG3428X and CPU RISING THRESHOLD problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-21 05:20:08 - last edited 2022-11-21 22:20:04
Model: TL-SG3428X  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.3 Build 20210409 Rel.52950

Dear @Fae 

Fifteen days ago I bought a Switch TL-SG3428X and recently I noticed that my network suddenly disappears for two minutes and then it comes back and everything is normal. Then all the devices in the network don't have internet and also Archer C80 devices in AP mode also don't get internet.

When I go into the Log, I see that it happens at the same time when CPU RISING THRESHOLD is noted in the Log!

Otherwise it happens every other day and once a day and there is no rule that it is at the same time or that there is a lot of traffic in the network, because whenever I look at the CPU load it is almost non-existent because I don't have many devices connected to the Switch.

Is it perhaps a firmware problem, or is it simply a hardware problem?

That's why I asked you in another topic when the new firmware for TL-SG3428X will be released, hoping that the problem is only with the firmware...

Best regards!

TRUST NO ONE, THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE!
Options
9 Reply
Re:TL-SG3428X and CPU RISSING THRESHOLD problem
2022-09-21 05:46:12

Dear @zexoni70,

Thank you for providing the detailed information. It should be a firmware issue, you can install the latest official firmware for TL-SG3428XMP on your TL-SG3428X switch, they use the same firmware. The firmware with Build number 20220909 may resolve the issue.

It is recommended to reboot the switch before upgrading, especially if the memory usage exceeds 60%.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-09-21 08:15:44

Dear @Fae 

I installed the new firmware that you gave me the link for and everything went without a problem.

I will monitor the values and the Log and we will see, attached image.

Options
2022-09-21 16:12:55 - last edited 2022-11-21 22:20:58

Dear  @Fae 

it seems that updating the firmware doesn't help either, a little while ago the same problem with CPU RISING THRESHOLD happened again and the whole network froze and I couldn't access the Switch via the WEB browser at 192.168.1.2.

After a few minutes I was able to access it but the CPU load was still at 90% for some unknown reason.

As the CPU load did not decrease I had to restart the Switch and only then after the restart did the CPU load drop to normal values of 14%!

It seems that the problem is in the hardware, would you agree that restarting the device every day is not the solution?

Let me mention that today, after the firmware update, I restore the Switch to factory default settings and reconfigured it again...

And so it worked for about 5 to 6 hours and the same problem happened again!

Options
2022-09-22 01:36:34 - last edited 2022-09-22 01:36:59

Dear @zexoni70,

The issue you experienced sounds unusual. To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue further. The ticket ID is TKID220925560, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, welcome to update this topic thread with your solution to help others who may encounter the same issue as you did. Many thanks for your great cooperation and patience!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-09-22 05:29:06 - last edited 2022-09-22 05:30:18

Dear  @Fae thanks.

I received an email from technical support and I'm still continuing with them, and here I'm informing you about the hopefully successfully resolved problem!

Last night I read a lot on your Business Community forums and tried to get information about the CPU RISING THRESHOLD problem I have with my Switch, and found that several other users had a similar problem.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/508746

I read in various posts that disabling the SNMP function should solve that problem, and last night I reset the Switch again to factory default settings, configured it and turned off the SNMP option and now for 8 hours the problem has not appeared...

Best regards!

Options
2022-11-21 20:03:05

Here I want to share my experiences and to mention that about 10 days ago I installed the latest firmware TL-SG3428X(UN)_V1_1.0.9 Build 20221021, but unfortunately that didn't help either and sometimes CPU RISING THRESHOLD and CPU it goes to 85% - 90% and the whole network freezes and blocks.

That block lasts for a few minutes and then disappears after a few minutes and appears again the next day and every time the network freezes and blocks for no known reason and randomly.

As I sent a LOG to TP-Link technical support and unfortunately, as they say, they do not see the reason why this CPU RISING THRESHOLD is happening... sad

Options
2022-11-22 01:51:48

Dear @zexoni70,

Sorry to hear that the issue still hasn't been figured out. I noticed that the support engineer has suggested to enable Loopback Detection on the switch for checking. Have you tried that? It's recommended to respond to the support email TKID220925560 for further follow up, the support engineer is always there for you.

Options
2022-12-29 06:37:31 - last edited 2022-12-29 06:40:12

Dear @Fae,

Here I just want to say that the problem with CPU RISING THRESHOLD no longer happens since I got a new Archer AX73 V2 and I use it as the main router in Router Mode, while I use the other three pieces of Archer C80 V1 in AP mode and I updated them all to the latest firmware version V1_1.12.0 Build 221010

So I believe the problem with CPU RISING THRESHOLD was caused by the Archer C80 either because of the bad firmware or because of the hardware, but like I said the problem has not happened once since I got the Archer AX73 as my main router!

Best regards!

Options
2022-12-29 07:11:15

Dear @zexoni70,

Thank you for coming back to update the issue! Glad to hear that your concern was resolved finally.

Hope you enjoy the Internet with TP-Link products. Have a wonderful day!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1098

Replies: 9

Related Articles