facebook and messenger is getting internet connection on hotspot voucher,

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-09 07:05:37
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

hi. my oc200 has been upgraded to latest firmware via auto update... my problem is that, the facebook and messenger is getting internet connection on pre-authenticated hotspot voucher mode, even the code is not yet entered or supplied.. how to solve? thnak you

Options
2 Reply
Re:facebook and messenger is getting internet connection on hotspot voucher,
2022-10-11 08:09:47

@SamsonCenas 

Is it just these two apps that have internet access, but not any other app or webpage?
Did this problem exist before the firmware upgrade?
Is this a problem for all clients?

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:facebook and messenger is getting internet connection on hotspot voucher,
2022-10-16 05:06:02

@SamsonCenas 
Can I ask if you have an Omada router like TL-R605? because on the update notice/readme it specify the facebook WIFI v2 bug fix but in my OC200 update notice/readme has nothing to do with the facebook fix. So, I assume facebook WIFI v2 bug is related to a TL-R605.

FYI I have experienced the facebook bug since 2020 because I'm using voucher type portal, so my suggestion is to disable the auto update and read the forum first before upgrading. I'm still using the 1.14.3 firmware and will wait for any feedback on the latest updates. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 321

Replies: 2