Purchased EAP245 US Version, loaded firmware shows it is for Canada

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-09 10:07:25
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 5.0.5 Build 20220323 Rel. 68784

I purchased an EAP245 from Amazon. Item was purchased from Amazon and not a third party seller. Arrived sealed and all serial number stickers on the device and box match. The stickers also show that it is a US version. However when I add it to the controller it is showing as a Canadian model and will only allow me to upgrade the firmware manually with Canadian versions. How can I load the US version on this AP?

Info as shown in Omada SDN Controller:

Model: EAP245(Canada) v3.0

Firmware: 5.0.5 Build 20220323 Rel. 68784

Options
4 Reply
Re:Purchased EAP245 US Version, loaded firmware shows it is for Canada
2022-10-10 12:51:07

@gp78 I have a similar issue, due to availability/speed/price I buy these devices on amazon but getting US locked version is quite sad. I need the EU version, at least all devices sold here are EU variant. Regulations are quite different here from the US.. The nicest thing would be the devices using the regulatory information from the omada controller country selector.

Options
2022-10-11 07:49:26

Dear @gp78,

gp78 wrote

I purchased an EAP245 from Amazon. Item was purchased from Amazon and not a third party seller. Arrived sealed and all serial number stickers on the device and box match. The stickers also show that it is a US version. However when I add it to the controller it is showing as a Canadian model and will only allow me to upgrade the firmware manually with Canadian versions. How can I load the US version on this AP?

Info as shown in Omada SDN Controller:

Model: EAP245(Canada) v3.0

Firmware: 5.0.5 Build 20220323 Rel. 68784

This issue is most likely due to fleeing goods.
CA and US wireless regulations are different and it is not recommended to use a firmware version that does not comply with local regulations.
We recommend that you contact the Amazon as soon as possible for a return or exchange.

Best Regards!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-10-13 13:49:05

@Hank21 What is exactly are fleeing goods? I fail to see how this is Amazon's fault when the package was sealed and labeled just like every other TP Link product I have purchased. All serial number stickers and product names indicate a US model, but the incorrect firmware appears to be loaded from the factory. 

Options
2022-10-20 00:43:38

@gp78 

Mine also had CA firmware and could not downgrade or upgrade to US firmware. I double checked to make sure mine said US on back of the EAP then flashed with US firmware using the TFTP recovery method.

Regulations aside TPLINK is months behind releasing CA firmware when compaired to US firmware. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 581

Replies: 4

Related Articles