EAP isolated, with hardwire connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-14 13:44:20
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 5.0.9

I have one EAP that is connected via Ethernet from the PoE injector to a switch, but will either be isolated, or stuck in the adoption process. It is currently attempting to adopt but with an ip address of 192.168.0.254. I was previously able to get it to adopt with a 192.168.1.xxx address, but once I was off-site, it became isolated, then at some point tried to re-adopt with the wrong ip address.

Here's my basic network layout:

Modem > Router > Jetstream > OC200

Router > Primary Ubiquiti NanoStation (PtMP)

Remote NanoStation > switch > EAP

There are a total of 4 remote NanoStations, each with at least one EAP and multiple PoE cameras. They all work properly except this particular one. For whatever reason it is getting a .0.254 address, and will not adopt. When I previously got it to connect and adopt with a proper ip, it was immediately after I logged into the NanoStation and opened the subnet by changing it to 255.255.0.0 (primarily for the cameras, which are using 192.168.2.xxx addresses, but the byproduct was that the EAP started working, at least until after I had left the site).

Options
1 Reply
Re:EAP isolated, with hardwire connection
2022-10-15 10:01:13

@LoudMediaGroup 

I am guessing you have the IP ranges (0.x  1.x  and 2.x) on different VLANs?   If so is the routing in place to all the eap to connect the the controller?   Generally these need to be on the same subnet or management vlan.   Set it on the same vlan as your controller and see if it adopts there, sounds like a routing issue from what you describe

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 371

Replies: 1

Related Articles