New router and external AP issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-15 12:45:43
Model: EAP110-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V20
Firmware Version: 1.0.4

Hello

Just had TPLink support replace my Archer AX11000 router and now I'm unable to connect outdoors via my EAP610-Outdoor AP. 

I just have a single SSID which combines 2.4 and 5.0 ghtz into one and this shows up in the Omada app on my Android phone.  However 

when I'm outside the signal strength is very low and I can not see any connected clients - so I assume it's the indoor Wifi that the phone is using. 

When swapping routers I used the same SSID name as I have 75+ devices and I did not want to have ot configure them all again - not sure 

if that's relevant or not. 

I used to get Wifi strength of 95%+ at the end of my garden which is 45 meters but now nothing, even within 5m of the EAP610. 

I will include some screenshots. 

Thanks 

Dave 

Options
2 Reply
Re:New router and external AP issues
2022-10-15 23:02:33

@davegray 

It does sound like your device is holding its connection to the Inside AX11000 router and not moving to the outdoors 610

This is likely due to the fact the two devices, despite having the same SSID are not capable of roaming between themselves, it will be the client deciding to roam and from experience.. they hold on to the old AP until grim death.

You would be best finding out if that is the case, see if you can see yourself connected to the AX11000 from outside, if so try reducing the power level.. or set the RSSI limit to kick the device off earlier, that way it will reconnect to the 610 AP

Options
Re:New router and external AP issues
2022-10-16 09:20:02 - last edited 2022-10-16 09:30:09

@davegray I think the AX11000 uses OneMesh, and is not compatible with the Mesh on EAP Business Devices, however your comment makes it sound like this setup was working to your satisfaction at one time.  Since the Mesh is not compatible between the two I am not sure how. Regardless since the only thing you did was change out the AX11000, I would think something in the settings is different. Do you have a backup configuration from the original AX11000?  The Seamless Roaming is not going to work but at least you may get it back to the state you originally had it. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 204

Replies: 2

Related Articles