EAP225 Outdoor Mesh and Cloud Controller

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-17 00:45:35
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.8

i have multiple 225 outdoor units and could set them up easily on the ios app. i also setup a cloud account and loaded a cloud controller which loaded on the app. do i still need an OC200 or OC300 locally or can i just use the cloud controller i configured and adopt via the internet?

Options
4 Reply
Re:EAP225 Outdoor Mesh and Cloud Controller
2022-10-17 11:52:03

@BeachBumFL 

Here's the issue... When you run the guest portal, it drives up memory usage.  So activing 225 guest portals, would kill the OC appliance.  

I would use the TP-Link hosted controller or host your own on a decent PC/VM.

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Options
2022-10-18 11:56:52

@BeachBumFL   You can control via cloud but doesn't the cloud based controller require license purchases? I initially used the trial licenses to set up 1 EAP610 Outdoor wired and 4 EAP225 Outdoor but ordered the OC200 Hardware Controller shortly after. No license required and you get cloud and local. 

Options
2022-10-19 02:02:27

@RickJamesBish 

ok that is more clear. ill just buy the oc200 and call it a day. sadly ive setup tens of thousands of APs using enterprise solutions (yes its embarasing) which support internet zero touch provisioning but i couldn't get this ap to register on my little farm. 

RickJamesBish wrote

@BeachBumFL   You can control via cloud but doesn't the cloud based controller require license purchases? I initially used the trial licenses to set up 1 EAP610 Outdoor wired and 4 EAP225 Outdoor but ordered the OC200 Hardware Controller shortly after. No license required and you get cloud and local. 

Options
2022-10-19 09:38:09

@BeachBumFL  I think that is a good choice. The one thing I noticed, and it may not be the same for you, is my OC200 took a few minutes to connect. Initially I thought there was something wrong so I kept unplugging power and Ethernet cable. Ended up that i just needed to wait.

They do have a free local PC and Mac Controller but it has to running for all features to work. Like you said, buy the OC200 and call it day. 

Options