Info oc200 dhcp server and other

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-17 16:13:15 - last edited 2022-10-18 12:27:42
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi everyone, I wanted to ask some information about the OMADA OC200.
I noticed that by activating the ssh service in the software options, the connections you try to make are rejected outright and there is no way to make them work.
The dhcp server also in the software parameters, if present but it seems not to work.
I tried to activate it from OC200, although it is active, it does not release any addresses!
I investigated a bit around, some users have reported the same difficulty in making it work and it seems that even if you change it by activating it, OC 200 does not perform this service.
Finally, looking at the connections of the clients, they are connected regularly, but it differs from another OMA system of software type or as a VM, they are all orange instead of light green.
I've always tried to upgrade from OC 200, but cloud access seems to be mandatory. Being already registered with Omada software on another system, ask if I associate omada OC200 with this existing account, can I subsequently remove it without affecting any production of services or configurations? Thank you
Thank you

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Info oc200 dhcp server and other -Solution
2022-10-18 14:21:30 - last edited 2022-10-19 01:56:03

@frankz66 

I wanted to update the post, as the tp-link italia technical service replied by writing that DHCP works only if there is an OMADA tplink gateway.
There remains only the doubt of the orange color status regarding active connections, which I repeat at the moment I see on a configuration not yet updated at OC200 level and related APs. I will proceed with updates as soon as possible, after associating the system with the cloud. However I am attaching what the manual describes for the only orange writing I found !!

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-10-19 02:24:22 - last edited 2022-10-20 08:16:22

Dear @frankz66,

Thank you for your detailed information.

Now I understand that your concern was about the orange color of “CONNECTED” marker in the Clients list.

Before the update of Omada Controller v5.1, the Clients page would show the connected clients as "CONNECTED" in orange color, while the Devices page displays the connected SDN devices as "CONNECTED" in green color, which was how the GUI was designed.

And it has been optimized (the color of "CONNECTED" marker in the Client page is changed in green color) since Omada Controller v5.1.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
9 Reply
Re:Info oc200 and dhcp
2022-10-18 03:56:34 - last edited 2022-10-19 01:56:10

Dear @frankz66,

frankz66 wrote

Hi everyone, I wanted to ask some info about the OMADA OC200.
I noticed that by activating ssh, the connections are refused and there is no way to make them work.
The dhcp server even if present I tried to activate it but it does not release any address! Some users reported that the daemon is disabled or better you can select the parameters but the service does not exist.
Finally, looking at the connections, I see that they are all in orange color.
Thank you

What devices you have in your Omada network? What's the model number and firmware version please?

If possible, please upload screenshots of the error page so that we can better understand the issue here.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-10-18 05:36:20

@Fae  Hi at the moment I can provide you the version of the EAP225 as I cannot have them at my disposal:
The firmware version is 5.07 (I think it's old).

Options
2022-10-18 06:44:59

Dear @frankz66,

Do you have an Omada Router or Switch in your network? How are your devices connected? Are all of your client devices unable to get a valid IP address via DHCP now? Does the issue start to occur after you enable ssh on the OC200? Would it help if you disable the ssh for checking.

You mentioned that the connections are all in orange color, do you mean the port LED on the switch?

Orange color on the TP-Link switch usually indicates the link speed is 10/100Mbps, while green color refers to 1Gbps link speed.

Please try to elaborate on the problem with as detailed information as you can so that we can try to help you out.

Options
2022-10-18 11:08:18

@Fae 

Hello and thanks for stopping by. No, I use the provider's router, the network dhcp forced by the router works, in short, everything works! Only the orange writing in the status of the clients. So would you say that the color is because omada oc 200 and the eap are at 100mb? Thank you

File:
Schermata 2022-10-17 alle 19.43.19.pngDownload
Options
2022-10-18 14:21:30 - last edited 2022-10-19 01:56:03

@frankz66 

I wanted to update the post, as the tp-link italia technical service replied by writing that DHCP works only if there is an OMADA tplink gateway.
There remains only the doubt of the orange color status regarding active connections, which I repeat at the moment I see on a configuration not yet updated at OC200 level and related APs. I will proceed with updates as soon as possible, after associating the system with the cloud. However I am attaching what the manual describes for the only orange writing I found !!

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-10-19 02:24:22 - last edited 2022-10-20 08:16:22

Dear @frankz66,

Thank you for your detailed information.

Now I understand that your concern was about the orange color of “CONNECTED” marker in the Clients list.

Before the update of Omada Controller v5.1, the Clients page would show the connected clients as "CONNECTED" in orange color, while the Devices page displays the connected SDN devices as "CONNECTED" in green color, which was how the GUI was designed.

And it has been optimized (the color of "CONNECTED" marker in the Client page is changed in green color) since Omada Controller v5.1.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Info oc200 dhcp server and other
2022-10-19 06:00:36

@Fae 

Thanks, finally it is clear and as I imagined the info on the internet. It seems to be a state of "design" ..... Thank you very much for your intervention and clarity.

Options
2022-10-20 08:08:00

Dear @frankz66,

You're welcome!

Options
2022-10-25 00:33:29

@frankz66 

It seems worth clarifying that the OC200 doesn't have a dhcp server, it configures the dhcp server in an Omada router.  IMHO the dhcp/dns functionality of the Omada routers is still pretty limited.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 844

Replies: 9

Related Articles