CPE210 disconnects and connects in bridge mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-17 19:38:31
Model: CPE210  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 2.2.3 Build 20201110 Rel. 60634 (0000)

Some time ago I bought a CPE210 I have been using it in client mode and it works perfectly, I know that this product is not designed to connect to common access points in the home, however I have had a good product performance in this type of use.

I recently tried to use the bridge mode, to repeat the signal of a router, but something strange happens: when I connect to the access point of the cpe210, the connection between the cpe210 and the router drops, the connection usually drops every minute, but in the process of obtaining an ip address it crashes instantly,
I must say that there are no problems with the field of vision since I get a very good coverage

I have been trying with everything, previously for it to work with the client mode I had to disable the "WDS" of the cpe210, because every 13 seconds the connection with the router was dropped

Is there an idea why every time I try to connect the connection drops with my cpe in bridge mode?

I have read that perhaps the bridge mode is not powerful enough to support the connections, or is there some configuration in my router that is blocking the signal?

I know that I will offend many by using my cpe as a kind of adapter, but it is for educational purposes and some types of experiments, then I will make proper use of it as a point-to-point link

in advance thank you very much to the whole community

Options
1 Reply
Re:CPE210 disconnects and connects in bridge mode
2022-10-18 09:22:51

@SamuelMP 

Check this:

CPE is equipped with directional antenna as it is designed for point-to-point long-distance network transmission, its wireless signal is mainly focused on its front panel and has a very limited 60 degree angle, we can say that there is almost no signal on its side and back panel. If you use it on repeater mode, the performance may not be so good, and it requires that both the front-end Internet source device and client device should be all within cpe wifi angle.
You can refer this link to see cpe wifi angle:
https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1044/

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options