Deco points too close to each other ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-19 00:13:15 - last edited 2022-10-19 00:32:30

Hello all ! I recently purchased the AX4300 Pro, and it is phenomenal ! I replaced a (decent) Netgear single router, and instantly went from 90 mps wireless download speeds - to 290 (My ISP plan is 300mps)

I have a remote shop, with cat5 hardwired to it, so I bought this system for the wired backhaul capability, and it works great.  I have the same speeds in that building, and was able to eliminate the 2nd wifi router I had out there.

So then I added the 3rd Deco  (hardwired, upstairs) - why not right ? Well my wifi speeds dropped dramatically after adding that 3rd Deco to the system. I have since unplugged it and all is fine, I am just using 2 now.

Has anyone else had noticed this ? (My house is 1500 sq ft upstairs & 1500 sq ft downstairs - so I thought one on each level would be ideal).  But instead my download speeds literally triple when I use only one Deco. So all is well I guess, I just need a bigger house ?

Thanks for any input.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco points too close to each other ?
2022-10-19 00:28:59 - last edited 2022-10-19 00:52:23

@CybervinnyDeco 

What you see is not right. Minimum one Deco per floor is correct for the house that size. In any case, just adding Satellite Deco on a different floor of a house should never cause speed degradation.

Perhaps, for some reason on your home network just one of your Satellite Deco can use Ethernet backhaul. Which means, when you plug second Satellite Deco either one or both Satellites disconnect from Ethernet and stay connected over WiFi. That would explain speed drop.

This is how you can check that. In Deco app, open Satellite Deco page and if it uses Ethernet for backhaul you'll see Signal Source reflecting it. Example:

Hardwire and power on your second Satellite, wait for about 5 minutes after it is fully online according to its LED light. Check Signal Source again, for both Satellites. If one or both of them are not using Ethernet, this document will be a good start: General questions about Ethernet Backhaul feature on your Deco

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 283

Replies: 1

Related Articles