ER605/Best Firewall Security settings

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-28 08:59:02
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1 Build 20220512 Rel.76748

Hi, by default the ER605 Firewall/Attack Defense/Flood Defense has all options disabled, which ones are good to enable? Also under

Packet Anomaly Defense, Block TCP Scan with RST and Block Large Ping are disabled, is it ok to enable them?

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:ER605/Best Firewall Security settings
2022-10-29 09:25:21

@stealth23 

you can turn all of them on. but that'll take consistent usage of the CPU to monitor all the stuff. somehow it could affect your performance like internet speed.

they're disabled by default because sometimes normal traffic can be reported as abnormal and abandoned. 

tcp scan with rst is a common way to to scan your port. some hackers may scan first before they attack you

large ping attack is the large mtu packet to take up your normal traffic. leading to a slow-down or shutdown on the router eventually when there're a lot of tasks that need to be taken care of. 

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options
Re:ER605/Best Firewall Security settings
2022-10-29 14:56:50
Thanks, I think that I will keep default factory settings then
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1396

Replies: 2

Related Articles