TL-R470T+ v6 static ip wan dont work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-28 16:01:55
Model: TL-R470T+  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 6.0.4 Build 20200313 Rel.32850

Hello, have a nice day, please i need a little help with a TL-R470T+ v6, I am changing my old router (cisco rv082) due to a hardware failure and I need to configure it with static IP WAN, but when I enter the parameters it does not work, and in the part of diagnostics does not ping with google, if I use another router with the same parameters it works perfectly, and if I configure TL-R470T+ v6 with dynamic IP it works fine. Do I need to create a rule somewhere? Thanks.

Options
5 Reply
Re: TL-R470T+ v6 static ip wan dont work
2022-10-29 09:12:03 - last edited 2022-10-29 09:13:14

@CCO 

nice weekend

so is that a mac address issue? either you reboot the modem or do the mac clone on your tp router. clone the old cisco mac addr on your new tp router. think that'll fix it.

double-check your connection type because of your last sentence.. do you really use a static IP? you can learn from it from your isp. they know

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options
2022-11-02 13:10:33

@Tedd404 

hello, thanks for answering, it's not an isp or mac problem. I use the same configuration on a dlink and huawei router and they work fine with static ip.
I need to use dual wan for different services, my old cisco rv082 did that function perfectly, but it started freezing many times in one day.
Cisco in my country is out of stock.
I thought of this tp-link as an emergency solution, but I tried to configure it, and it doesn't work as expected.

I put two huawei routers configured with static ip, and the tp-link tl-r470t+ with dynamic ip obtained from the two huawei routers and it works.
but 3 routers to do the job is a waste of resources.

Options
2022-11-02 13:21:52

@CCO as a test, please turn off your modems for about 8-9 mins. That should release any MAC addresses the modems expect. Once you power the modems back on, give you router a reboot.

Options
2022-11-07 06:27:46

@CCO 

try out the solution from 4th. reboot the modem can also fix the issue. that's because the modem records the mac address.. still points to the mac address thing. if you still have the problem, think you can contact the support then. something's not right. but for me, it seems to be either IP issue or mac address issue. 

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options
2022-11-07 11:43:43

Tired and bored of trying to configure and restart the equipment, I finally found the solution, buying Linksys LRT224, set the same parameters and it works perfect. Thanks guys, but tp-link is not for me.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 377

Replies: 5