ER7206 can't maintain consistent RDP connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

ER7206 can't maintain consistent RDP connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
14 Reply
Re:ER7206 can't maintain consistent RDP connection
2022-11-02 13:39:13

@GRL ya each RDP machine is on the LAN and has the default 3389 and we have PCs on the same LAN accessing the RDP machines. We also have VPN users working from home accessing their own RDP machines on the LAN.

Pretty straightforward setup and I made sure of all the settings on each device last night.

Options
2022-11-05 19:32:17

@Bluebeep 

As a test, disable UDP over RDP on each affected machine using Group Policy:

Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Remote Desktop Services -> Remote Desktop Connection Client
      Turn off UDP on Client = Enabled

Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Remote Desktop Services -> Remote Desktop Session Host -> Connections
      Select RDP transport protocol = Enabled / Use only TCP

I'd bet that solves it.

Options
2022-11-07 06:57:45

@CutterKin 

you r thinking what i am thinking. yes

turn off the udp!!!

@Bluebeep 

I googled it to prove me points. windows rdp server listens on both tcp/udp. udp is not suitable for a stable and long connection. udp session out time could be the issue in your case.

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options
2023-02-11 17:57:09

@Bluebeep Hi, it looks like you're encountering some trouble with your ER7206 router and RDP connections. Have you considered reaching out to the manufacturer for support or to see if there are any known issues with the ER7206 and RDP connections? It might also be helpful to check with the vendor from where you purchased the router to see if they offer any maintenance Virginia services for the router. If you're still unable to resolve the issue, you could try reaching out to a local networking professional for assistance.

Options

Tags

lemon router
Related Articles