multiple sites one software controller

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-12 07:07:16 - last edited 2022-11-15 08:55:30
Tags: #Adoption #controller
Model: EAP225   ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: current

I have 3 sites. 

Each with its own software controller.

Goal: have ONE soft controller. Have all remote sites connect and use that one controller.

I have followed to a T these instructions: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/3087/https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/3087/

I have new OMADA devices to use, instead of first connecting already assigned devices.  ( I have new router and new AP's to practice with before moving all sites to one controller)

Added ports forwards 29810-2981429810-29814 UDP/TCP. Added ports on PC firewall. Disable firewalls. Still the adopts fail. They show up in the controller with correct MAC and uptimes, so I'd think its "seeing" the controller. 

I also have point2points IPSec tunnels between all locations. I even tried to connect to the remote omada controller via the VPN using the LAN IP of the controller. 

any ideas ? 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:multiple sites one software controller -Solution
2022-11-12 21:09:40 - last edited 2022-11-15 08:55:30

@DaKings 

Fixed it.

The server hosting Omada controller has 4 network ports. The NIC the controller is linked to had the highest metric. So the "out bound " data was going out a NIC with a lower metric.

Changing the metrics on each NIC to make the main NIC primary fixed the issue. 

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:multiple sites one software controller -Solution
2022-11-12 21:09:40 - last edited 2022-11-15 08:55:30

@DaKings 

Fixed it.

The server hosting Omada controller has 4 network ports. The NIC the controller is linked to had the highest metric. So the "out bound " data was going out a NIC with a lower metric.

Changing the metrics on each NIC to make the main NIC primary fixed the issue. 

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 601

Replies: 1

Tags

Adoption
controller
Related Articles