Port Forwarding / UPnP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Port Forwarding / UPnP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Port Forwarding / UPnP
Port Forwarding / UPnP
2022-11-15 12:12:37

I noticed in Omada Controller there are options for Port Forwarding and related controls, however they all prompt that a Gateway is required. I am assuming it is looking for a Omada Compatible Gateway, which I do not have. My question is does that mean since I do not have an Omada Gateway, what any port forwarding I do, for example on my router and modem, will be blocked by the switch or are those just specific to the Omada Gateway if you have one?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Port Forwarding / UPnP
2022-11-15 17:08:49

@RickJamesBish 

Port forwarding can be done on any modem or router, anything you set on your router will still port forward correctly as required.

The only reason you actually need an Omada Gateway (ER605 for example) is if you wish to setup the port forwarding via the controller.   However as said it you are happy to port forward on your own no omada hardware, it will still work ok

The switch wont really care about port forwarding, it certainly wont attempt to block it.. unless you have some ACLs or controls in place to do so

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 537

Replies: 1

Related Articles