Failing connection with Printer/domoticasystem etc

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-17 20:52:41
Model: EAP660 HD  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20220118 Rel. 60852
I cannot connect to my printer and my home automation system (Loxone) when I have a WiFi connection with the EAP660HD. This does work via the network or the Wi-Fi of the smartphone. So it seems to me something to do with the EAP660HD setting.
Options
3 Reply
Re:Failing connection with Printer/domoticasystem etc
2022-11-18 08:00:37

@MaartenBeke 

The EAP is only used as a WiFi extender to extend your home WiFi and does not normally restrict anything.
If you suspect that the advanced features set on the EAP are causing this, suggest RESET and try again.

It may also be caused by the encryption method.
You can change the EAP SSID's encryption method to WPA(not WPA2/WPA3) or set it to None to test it.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2022-11-18 12:56:01

@MaartenBeke 

That happed to me, too, when I had two WiFi routers/access points with the same SSID, not necessarily TP-Link. Only some devices like printers or IoT have a problem with it. 

Kris K
Options
2022-11-21 06:24:02

@MaartenBeke 

what kind of router do you use?

does it support mdns? any vlan?

does your printer discover in your local network or it is connected to the cloud? this matters because if you are connected to the wrong network you'll have the trouble with that. 

local printing relates to the mdns, does your router support mdns? 

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 277

Replies: 3

Related Articles