EAP610 constantly dropping internet connection
Hello, I just bought 2 x EAP610 to extend the range of my network at home and the internet connection consistantly drops out only to reconnect on it's own within 20-60 seconds again, no matter which router i am closer to or which band i am using. Some details below:
1. My router is an older (~2015) tp-link AC1750 Archer C7 (dual band). I have never had a problem with this router.
2. I connected the 2 x APs and while they are fast when connected, they regularly kick me off the internet (constantly)... If i wait 20-60 seconds i can reconnect without doing anything, just waiting.
3. The APs are are connected to a TL-SG1016PE 16-port switch (using the PoE ports), which then connects to the Archer C7, then finally the modem.
4. The issue is happening with both of them and with all my devices (windows 10 PCs, iPhone, TV with netflix, etc).
5. I have recently moved the modem and the switch into the basement and have had to thread the LAN cables through a 25mm diamater hole in the brickwork so all ~5 cables are running through this tight hole, not sure if that is creating an issue with the network, but even if i add another LAN cable and run it away from this hole to one of the APs in question, it gives me the same issues, so I doubt this is a problem.
6. I have not changed anything in my network apart from adding these 2 access points where i used to have older access points (that worked without an issue). I have tried auto channel selection as well as 1,6,11 for 2.4ghz, etc.
Is anyone else having this issue? totally frustrating...
I would love some help fixing this! thanks...