EAP610 constantly dropping internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-21 01:05:38
Model: EAP610  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.2 Build 20220120 Rel. 53691(4555)

Hello, I just bought 2 x EAP610 to extend the range of my network at home and the internet connection consistantly drops out only to reconnect on it's own within 20-60 seconds again, no matter which router i am closer to or which band i am using. Some details below:

1. My router is an older (~2015) tp-link AC1750 Archer C7 (dual band). I have never had a problem with this router.

2. I connected the 2 x APs and while they are fast when connected, they regularly kick me off the internet (constantly)... If i wait 20-60 seconds i can reconnect without doing anything, just waiting.

3. The APs are are connected to a TL-SG1016PE 16-port switch (using the PoE ports), which then connects to the Archer C7, then finally the modem.

4. The issue is happening with both of them and with all my devices (windows 10 PCs, iPhone, TV with netflix, etc).

5. I have recently moved the modem and the switch into the basement and have had to thread the LAN cables through a 25mm diamater hole in the brickwork so all ~5 cables are running through this tight hole, not sure if that is creating an issue with the network, but even if i add another LAN cable and run it away from this hole to one of the APs in question, it gives me the same issues, so I doubt this is a problem.

6. I have not changed anything in my network apart from adding these 2 access points where i used to have older access points (that worked without an issue). I have tried auto channel selection as well as 1,6,11 for 2.4ghz, etc.

Is anyone else having this issue? totally frustrating...

I would love some help fixing this! thanks...

Options
4 Reply
Re:EAP610 constantly dropping internet connection
2022-11-22 09:42:57

@Nicklaz 

According to your description, you mentioned that your PC also has dropout problems, have you specifically gone to troubleshoot if the wired network is stable?

It would be a good idea to confirm if the switch is stable, or is there a dropout problem as well?
It would be best to try replacing the Ethernet cable between the switch and the EAP, a short cable is more recommended.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2023-03-05 12:37:23

@Nicklaz I am having the same problem with the EAP 610.  Did anyone find a solution yet? 

Options
2023-03-27 14:39:02

@Rod313 

Same experience with me.

Connecting to the modem's wifi, I got over 600Mbps

Connecting to EAP610-Outdoor that are controlled by omada and er605, sometimes I got only 1 - 10Mbps.

TP-Link engineer had already accessed and checked my network and said that no problem with my setup.

I gave a free wifi to all but clients don't want it because it is dropping bandwith or slow internet connection.

I can't start my voucher business, clients don't want it.

Options
2023-03-28 08:20:35

@Nicklaz Make sure your ethernet cables also have the earth connected (The outer shield must be earthed and connected to the equipment at both ends)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1288

Replies: 4