Multiple VLAN for multiple Home Assistants in apartments

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-23 09:11:30
Model: EAP225-Wall  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 5.0.3 Build 20210604 Rel. 53135

Hi,

In a building of apartments for renting, we have setup a wifi network with only 1 router from the ISP, OC200, one switch TL-SG2428P v1.0 and 15 EAP225wall.

As apartments are small, we cover two apartments with one EAP225wall. Today it is running with an authentication portal where each apartment is defined as a user and the user experience is good so far.

Now we want include some IoT features and that's why we want to have one Home Assistant for each apartment as well as the IoT equipments and guest equipments for managing everything (for example, each guest can switch on/off the lights from the mobile of his apartment).

Any idea of how to make it easy? Is it a must to change the ISP router to an Omada controlled one?

My Ideas:

- Is it possible to have in one EAP two SSID each one with its own VLAN? Do I need to have Omada gateway for it?

- Would it work if I just create one guest SSID for each apartment but all in the same LAN?

Any suggestion will be welcome. Please, take in account I am beginner in IT networks...

Thank you,

Pepe

Options
2 Reply
Re:Multiple VLAN for multiple Home Assistants in apartments
2022-11-23 11:38:36 - last edited 2022-11-23 11:41:21

@Pepe8266 

why not use PPSK, 1 SSID for the whole network, VLAN is controlled by the password you use

Configuration guide for PPSK

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/3386/

you also need a router that supports VLAN, it doesn't have to be a TP-Link router

Options
Re:Multiple VLAN for multiple Home Assistants in apartments
2022-11-23 13:34:02

@shberge thanks, but I think EAP225 Wall is not supporting PPSK...

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 343

Replies: 2

Related Articles