Route VLANs over specific WAN ports?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-29 15:47:14 - last edited 2022-12-01 05:59:37
Model: ER8411  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20220812 Rel.66580

Good morning Everyone, 

I am out of my depth here. A little background. I live in a lower middle-class area with mostly elderly folks, I like the area. I help some of the neighbors who are unable to afford reliable internet, phone and cable. I offer them access to my internet for free, I set up VOIP service for them for free. As my network had gotten busier I have had to upgrade my equipment to maintain service and reliability. I have two dedicated fiber connections to my house, one coax high speed internet connection, and one satellite connection. All of this has been self taught. I don't work in IT, I just geek out over it. Sorry if I explained too much but here is my question now. 

I use Mikrotik Wireless Wire 60Ghz wireless bridges to connect my neighbors. I would like to know if with the ER8411 ( I also have TL-SG3428X switch, A TL-SG2008P at one of my "customer's homes, a TL-SG3210XHP in my home, and various EAP225, and EAP 660 units for WiFi access) and the other equipment can I create different V-LANs or something so I can create "different networks"

• I would like to have one network that connects my work laptop and other equipment to one specific WAN port and keeps it separate from all the other networks. Right now I just have it connected to a separate router to accomplish this. 
  • I would like to have a VLAN that would separate out the streaming traffic from their streaming devices and route it to a specific WAN port. 
  • I would like to have a separate VLAN for each "customer" so they are on their "own" network that would route over a specific wan port separate from either of the ones above.
  • I would also like to be able to configure that if the connections go down they fail over to the satellite connection

I would be glad to answer any questions when I can. I only do this to try and pay it forward. I have a day job, but I am fortunate enough to be in a position to try and help the folks around me who I believe need and deserve it. Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Route VLANs over specific WAN ports?-Solution
2022-11-30 10:55:00 - last edited 2022-12-01 05:59:37

@Jacket73 

You can consider to use the policy routing function, hope this can help you:

How to configure Policy Routing

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Route VLANs over specific WAN ports?-Solution
2022-11-30 10:55:00 - last edited 2022-12-01 05:59:37

@Jacket73 

You can consider to use the policy routing function, hope this can help you:

How to configure Policy Routing

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Route VLANs over specific WAN ports?
2022-11-30 20:03:20

@Virgo thank you I think that is what I was looking for. I just didn't know what to "call it". When this stuff is out of your wheelhouse it's like reading stereo instructions. Thanks again. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 351

Replies: 2

Related Articles