ER605 IPSEC LAN to LAN VPN establishes connection but not routing traffic

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-29 20:38:49
Tags: #VPN
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.0

Hello,

I have an ER605 gateway set wtih an IPSEC LAN to LAN connection. It is set up behind another NAT gateway device. The tunnel is up and established, but I have no connectivity through the tunnel and I am unable to ping anything on the remote LAN. I'm assuming it is a routing issue but have so far been unable to figure out where the issue is. I understand this is a broad question, but any insight that can point me in the right direction would be very much appreciated!

Thank you!

Options
2 Reply
Re:ER605 IPSEC LAN to LAN VPN establishes connection but not routing traffic
2022-11-30 11:11:18

@Rico619 

You need to ensure that the WAN IPs of the two ER605s are able to communicate with each other.
This requires you to open the port for the WAN IP of the ER605 on the front NAT device and also open the port used by the IPsec protocol(It should be UDP 500/4500 if I remember correctly).

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:ER605 IPSEC LAN to LAN VPN establishes connection but not routing traffic
2023-05-05 09:59:24

@Rico619 Did you have a solution for this?  I am seeing the same behaviour on a number of ER605, the tunnel is definitely up but it's not routing traffic through that tunnel.  I created a second tunnel to another location and that one is absolutely fine when I bring it up.  Definitely nothing wrong with the tunnel config either, the same config is working on others. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 558

Replies: 2

Tags

Related Articles