Retain mesh mode after restart

Retain mesh mode after restart

23 Reply
Re:Retain mesh mode after restart
2023-08-26 12:23:48

Just to close the loop a bit on the problem I have been experiencing, which is a bit different to the one that @aleblack161 described - TPLink have now provided another beta firmware version for the EAP610v3 (version 1.4.90 Build 20230816 Rel. 85040) that appears to fix the issue with the wireless meshed EAP610 not reconnecting to the mesh after restart. 

In addition to the new firmware I have moved from Docker hosted software controller to an OC200 - this was mainly to remove potential connectivity issues between the wired root EAP and the Docker host.  I don't think this change was relevant to resolution of the problem.

The wireless connected EAP will now re-establish wifi downlink after either it or the wired root EAP have been restarted from controller initiated reboot or power recycle.  I have a couple of other scenarios I need to test such as controller power cycle but for now the setup looks more solid.

Apologies if I hijacked this thread.

Options
2024-01-17 02:04:23

Does anyone find the OMC200 more reliable than software controller for Mesh reconnection?

I have a similar problem to this:
Router/Firewall -> POE switch -> VM hosting OMC software & wired access point (EAP245(US) v3.0) AP01
I then have an external mesh access point (EAP225-Outdoor(EU) v3.0) AP02 in my garage serving my home office. Similarly I do have one computer connected to the LAN port as a downstream client, as well as multiple wi-fi clients utilising the mesh AP.

Whenever the controller restarts (be that power outage taking out the access points and the VM host, or just the controller rebooting for updates) the external AP02 does is not readopted after the controller is back up. It just stays in disconnected state indefinitely. Restarting AP02 or force re-provisioning it does nothing. Restarting both APs does nothing.

My workaround is to force re-provision the wired AP01 which then either wait 5 mins or force re-provision AP02 once AP01 has re-connected.

Options
2024-01-19 07:43:44

@Craig_AU 
I eventually wired up the mesh access point as well. I noticed that this issue occurs with certain types, but it is also dependent on the hardware version within the same type. I wrote two letters to the official TP-Link support, but since I received no response to either of them in half a year, I gave up. Wired connection remained as the "solution"

Options

Tags

Related Articles