Multiple access points not being able to access eachother's clients

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-05 07:37:39
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: EAP245(EU)_V3_5.0.6 Build 20220429

Hello,

I have multiple EAP245 APs hanging around all ethernet wired to a router. Unfortunately, I am unable to access any clients that are connected over another AP than the one I am currently connected to. I require this to access and control smart devices that are connected to other APs than the one I am on.

Client isolation is off (but this would only work with multiple SSIDs on the same AP I suppose), and I can't put them in Mesh at Omada as they are all ethernet wired to the same router.

What are my posibilities?

Options
7 Reply
Re:Multiple access points not being able to access eachother's clients
2022-12-05 23:43:18

@xRuby 

Gut feeling.. router is causing this!

Routers are not switches and can block LAN traffic going over their ports.   APs really should be on switch ports and not router ports.

If you can borrow a 4 port switch from somewhere, try APs in ports 1-3 and router into 4.. see if you can then connect to the other APs and clients.

Post your results back here and anything else you have like setup, ip addresses etc..

Are you running an omada controller?

Options
2022-12-06 03:56:35

@xRuby 

Did you enable Guest Network function? Guest network will block acces to local network but only allow Internet

Options
2022-12-06 10:59:55

@Somnus I am not using a gues network

Options
2022-12-06 11:02:55

@Philbert I also was thinking about that, but didn't get to it yet. I'll try that out, thanks!

Additionally, the APs are put on the IPs 192.168.0.10, 192.168.0.20, 192.168.0.30. For the rest they are factory reset (not using a physical Omada controller).

Options
2022-12-07 18:19:58

@xRuby 

Although routers are not switches, their LAN side is actually a switch. There are really slim chances that there is something there that blocks the traffic. If the physical connections are fine, most likely, there is something wrong in your IP configuration.

Kris K
Options
2022-12-07 18:22:06

@KJK What would this be then however? IP-wise, everything is on the 192.168.0.x range

Options
2022-12-07 19:14:22

@xRuby 

What's the subnet mask? How exactly is IP configured in those smart devices? How exactly do you try to connect to them?

Kris K
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 364

Replies: 7

Related Articles