ptmp help

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

ptmp help

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
ptmp help
ptmp help
2022-12-10 19:08:35
Model: EAP610-Outdoor  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a friend that is wanting to setup a PTMP setup on his property. I am trying to see if the eap610 will work for the access point. I have done this setup before with a different brand that had a 360 degree antenna but for this we are trying to be a little cheaper. So basically his house with internet will be in the middle and he has two other structures on the left and right of his house. Will this devise have about 180 degrees of coverage so that i can put clients on the other 2 structures or does tplinf have a 360 degree setup. Any help would be helpful. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:ptmp help
2022-12-10 21:29:09

@jmeclevenger 

The EAP610 is an indoor device, you would be better with the new 650 or 610 Outdoor.   Depending on your range, you could work fine for 360 degree coverage and could penetrate into the other properties.  

The outdoor models have a omni directional antenna (360) where the indoor are optimised for indoor use which is entirely different..  :)

Options
Re:ptmp help
2022-12-10 22:08:38

@Philbert thanks. I was actually talking about the 610 outdoor. That answered my question, just wasn't sure about the antenna. Thanks again. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 224

Replies: 2

Related Articles