Lan-to-Lan IPSec established but unable to route between two networks except the routers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Lan-to-Lan IPSec established but unable to route between two networks except the routers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-23 19:13:24
Tags: #VPN
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20210723 Rel.64608

Hi,

I just configured 2 ER605 in 2 different office locations. I managed to get the LAN-to-LAN IPSec to connect appropriately after putting each router as the DMZ device to ensure all ports/traffic was getting forwarded to it on both sides. I can ping the LAN IP address from the other side with no issues. However, I can't get any other traffic to be reached between the two LANs. Any ideas of what I might be missing here?

Those 2 ER605 are replacing older Netgear routers, which also had an Office-to-Office IPSec VPN setup with the same Internet gateways (Comcast), so it feels very puzzling why it is not working.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Lan-to-Lan IPSec established but unable to route between two networks except the routers
2022-12-26 11:59:26

@arnaudsj 

It is recommended to turn off the firewall of the PC connected behind the router at both ends and try it.

If you're talking about proxy internet access then obviously it won't work.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:Lan-to-Lan IPSec established but unable to route between two networks except the routers
2022-12-28 01:43:37

@Virgo thank you for the suggestion. Turned out that it was a couple of things (Private vs Public Network which Windows switched around, and blocked pings), as well as a hard coded device with one of the routers. Anyhow, all is well now and the LAN-to-LAN is working as expected!

Options