Omada EAP wireless uplink possible?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-24 19:33:09 - last edited 2022-12-24 19:35:06
Tags: #Mesh #uplink

Happy Holidays everyone!

I'm converting over from Unifi OS to Omada "OS" ... It's been 3 years, and they are still a letdown, so I had enough and decided now it was a good time to switch sides.

Picked up a lot of fun Omada toys at good prices, but then it hit me.

One of the reasons why I liked Unifi EAP was that they were able to mesh and uplink wirelessly to another EAP.

So, I was pondering if TP Link Omada EAP can do the same thing, to provision and uplink wirelessly to its nearby EAP.

Thanks.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Omada EAP wireless uplink possible?-Solution
2022-12-24 19:34:58 - last edited 2022-12-24 19:35:06

@I.T.admin 

Never mind, found the answer https://youtu.be/xdhle4cdHho

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Omada EAP wireless uplink possible?-Solution
2022-12-24 19:34:58 - last edited 2022-12-24 19:35:06

@I.T.admin 

Never mind, found the answer https://youtu.be/xdhle4cdHho

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Omada EAP wireless uplink possible?
2022-12-28 11:08:53 - last edited 2022-12-28 11:17:40

@I.T.admin  belated Merry Christmas

If you have not purchased already, I would research more. Don't let the lower cost be the deciding factor. That is exactly what I did and now have a full Omada system and regret it. Of our 1Gigabit service, I was never able to get over 200Mbps wireless under best case scenarios. I finally got tired of that and added two CPE710 (800Mbps), one at switch and one at my router, but again under best case scenario, they delivered less than half the bandwidth.I dropped those and added two Ubiquiti Gigabeams in the same location and they are literally the only wireless link in the network that is delivering full bandwidth.  The rest, even with best case scenario, deliver around 200Mbps or lower.  All of our Omada equipment will also be available soon at "good prices" ;)

Options
Re:Omada EAP wireless uplink possible?
2022-12-28 14:11:47
Thanks for the heads up. Yeah, I'm still in the fence, tested the wired portion of TP-Link Omada, but have yet to test their EAP. Mainly because TPLink is already showing their WiFi 7 products, I decided to wait. Plus my current UniFi EAP setup is working very well and fast, so I was less inclined to switch completely to Omada yet.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 607

Replies: 3

Tags

Mesh
uplink
Related Articles