Moving Omada Software from Docker to standalone PC

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-31 06:02:45 - last edited 2023-01-19 21:28:18
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version:

Hi all,

simple question, if I am moving the Omada Software from a Docker where it is currently running  and set it up on a standalone PC, should I disconnect all the Omada controlled switches first? My intent is to export the current Omada settings, install Omada on a mini PC and then import the settings that I exported. My worry is that the switches might not connect due to thinking they are still controlled by the old setup.

Thoughts?
Patrick

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Moving Omada Software from Docker to standalone PC-Solution
2023-01-02 06:45:07 - last edited 2023-01-19 21:28:18

@PatrickMcC 

There is Migration option on the Controller settings, it will let you to choose the switch and tell it "you need to move to a new controller".

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Moving Omada Software from Docker to standalone PC
2023-01-01 16:06:47

As long as you know the admin username and password used when you initially adopted the switches, you can adopt them into your new Omada Controller.

Options
Re:Moving Omada Software from Docker to standalone PC-Solution
2023-01-02 06:45:07 - last edited 2023-01-19 21:28:18

@PatrickMcC 

There is Migration option on the Controller settings, it will let you to choose the switch and tell it "you need to move to a new controller".

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 433

Replies: 2