Services ==> Uprgrade Schedule Question

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-04 05:43:41
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.21.7 Build 20221206 Rel.58608

While my ecosystem is bound to the Omada cloud, I prefer to leave my OC200 controller disconnected to provide an additional layer of security for my network.  As I understand it, under normal operating circumstances, being disconnected will prevent the controller from querying for updates for Omada devices. If this is indeed the case, I wonder whether the Services ==> Upgrade Schedule option will also fail or whether it will query for updates even if the status of the OC200 is "Disconnected".  

Thanks

Ian

Options
5 Reply
Re:Services ==> Uprgrade Schedule Question
2023-01-06 13:32:31 - last edited 2023-01-06 13:34:21

@ianmud 

Not sure you mean "OC200 disconnect from network" or "Omada devices disconencted from the OC200 controller".

Controller can only manage the "Connected" devices. Upgrade Sechdule won't take effect if the controller cannot communicate with the omada devices.

Note it has nothing to do with cloud account. The controller will try to find the update even you disable Cloud Access function. 

Options
2023-01-06 15:28:43

@Somnus  By leaving the OC200 disconnected, I mean disconnected from Omada Cloud Access. The question is whether the Services ==> Upgrade option requires the OC200 to be connected to Omada Cloud Access at the time of the scheduled operation.  The devices themselves remain under management of the OC200 at all times.  Any guideance is appreciated.  Thanks

Options
2023-01-06 17:04:30

@ianmud TPLink has moved to requireing Cloud Access to be turned-on for the controller to download and apply updates.  The update automation might run without Cloud Access On, but will likely perform no actions (i.e. silently fail).

Options
2023-01-06 18:46:42

I think the update schedule has no relation to the cloud. My OC200 is not connected to the cloud and I had the Update Schedule active lately, at night. One morning my switches where updated by the controller without me doing anything. As this update caused problems I have deactivated the schedule.

Options
2023-01-09 03:37:22 - last edited 2023-01-09 03:39:57

@ianmud 

Like @modebm said, Update Schedule will take effect even you disable the Cloud Access.

However the controller require Internet to make it work. If the controller does not have a correct gateway/DNS server, it will not be able to require update from cloud.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 305

Replies: 5

Related Articles