L2TP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

L2TP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
L2TP
L2TP
2023-01-11 02:18:28
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.1

Hi all. I have created an L2TP VPN connection between two remote ER605's. It is currently connecting properly as unencrypted. However, when I try to encrypt the tunnel I get the following error from the client side:

For an IPsec policy with the same IP address at both ends, please change the WAN port or server IP as the parameters in Phase-1 are different.

I have been unsuccessful identifying the issue. I did have a successful IPSec tunnel configured but disabled it on both ends when I created the L2TP connection - so I'm confused as to what is happening here.

Any help appreciated so I can secure this connection.

Options
2 Reply
Re:L2TP
2023-01-11 06:18:20

@thisisliam 

I did not run a test but I think disable the existing IPSec entriy is not enough. You will need to delete it.

Options
Re:L2TP
2023-01-11 22:31:53

@Somnus that did the trick. Thank you. Didn't occur to me that even with the IPSec configuration disabled it would still stop it. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 234

Replies: 2

Related Articles