OC200 adoption and busy issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-11 19:03:04
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 2.7.7

Hi,

Set up a oc200 controller today with my sky broadband router 4 access points (3 x EAP225, 1 x EAP245)

Also have 2 x 5Port POE switches (TL-SG1005P) in my home network fed from the sky router.

Problem is one of the EAP225 just won't adopt (Adopt Failed) to the the controller (the other 3 AP's are ok),

i've had to set it up as a stand alone with the same SSID and password,

but really want to have all four AP's linked to the oc200 controller for cloud remote access.

I've tried another new EAP225 and that's just the same, so it's not the AP.

I've tried factory resetting everything including the router, but still no joy!

I've tried the AP direct on the router with a power brick or via POE on one of the switches without success.

Also tried different new cat6 patch cables. All AP's are hard wired, not Mesh connected.

Firmware is up to date on all TP-Link AP's and OC200.

Any Ideas please?

Also on one of the AP's that is connected to the OC200 controller, when i click on devices, then click on the AP,

and i look at channel utilization it's showing channel 1 (2.4G) 28% all in orange (Busy) what does this Busy mean?

& channel 48 (5G) 3% in orange (Busy). It's not showing me RX/TX Frames and interference like the other two connected AP's.

Why is this?

Any help much appreciated, I'm not an IT Engineer i'm afraid, but have set these up in the past with no problems. TIA

Options
5 Reply
Re:OC200 adoption and busy issues
2023-01-12 04:02:05

@JonnieBeGood 

I'm a little confused with

I've tried another new EAP225 and that's just the same, so it's not the AP.

You need to see what is different at that location, such as the switch port and type of the cable.

In general, would be good if you could share some snapshots of the controller when you see AP's before adoption and some logs. Also the topology of how you have connected your network devices together. A little sketch showing devices and their connection can help a lot, you can even do it in paint.

Options
2023-01-12 10:07:00

@RamtinR

Hi thanks for your reply.

Here is rough drawing of my system: It's the EAP in the lounge that i can't add to the controller, so i just have it as a stand alone.

But i did even try it in the office direct to the sky router with a PSU and it still wouldn't adopt it.

As i said i tried new cat6 moulded patch cables and another new EAP225 as well with no success.

Log just says (Failed)Master Cloud Administrator failed to adopt.

Here are some images from the controller, still want to know why the Landing AP just says Busy in orange?

Usually it says the RX and TX with the interference in orange. But this AP seems to be working ok.

Options
2023-01-12 22:25:45

@JonnieBeGood 

Nice drawing!

I'm not concerned about that 28% in 2.4GHz, it's not a big deal. You may try to manually change the channel to see if it changes or not. 

The adoption becomes confusing as you say you have the same issue with a new AP and at a different location. So what will happen if you swap the Lounge's AP with the Kitchen's AP? Kitchen's AP would work at Lounge, and Lounge's AP would fail to be adopted at Kitchen's Location?

Options
2023-01-13 05:49:12

@JonnieBeGood 

What is the firmware version of this EAP225(that won't adopt)? Make sure it has the newest firmware, or at least the same version as other EAP225s.

Options
2023-01-13 11:16:03

@Somnus 

Landing AP says Firmware version 1.0.0 build 20220713

Kitchen AP says Firmware version 5.0.8 build 20220613

Basement AP says Firmware version 5.0.6 build 20220429

Clicked on Firmware Update for all these three AP's and it says it's up to date.

Standalone Lounge AP says Firmware version 1.0.0 Build 20220713 - hardware version 5.0, no option to check for firmware update.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 551

Replies: 5

Related Articles